October 7 @ 4:00 p.m. – October 12 @ 1:00 p.m.
Malvern Retreat Center
This course assists students in integrating Ignatian discernment of spirits into living the Theology of the Body concretely in daily life. The wisdom of Ignatius of Loyola’s teaching on discernment in his Spiritual Exercises equips students to understand and respond effectively to the complex movements of the heart and related thoughts that will arise in their daily effort to live the Theology of the Body.
All our week-long retreats include:
- Five days of learning and interactive lecture (30 hours of master’s level instruction)
- Fantastic workbook so you can focus on receiving vs. note-taking
- Daily Mass, adoration, and confession
- Accommodations and delicious meals (included)
- Time for relaxation and networking
- Gorgeous grounds to soak in God’s natural beauty
- Option for round trip shuttle from the Philadelphia International Airport
About the Instructor:
Fr. Timothy Gallagher, O.M.V., was ordained in 1979 as a member of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary, a religious community dedicated to retreats and spiritual formation according to the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. Having obtained his doctorate in 1983 from the Gregorian University, he has taught (St. John’s Seminary, Brighton, MA; Our Lady of Grace Seminary Residence, Boston, MA), assisted in formation work, and served two terms as provincial in his own community. He has dedicated many years to an extensive international ministry of retreats, spiritual direction, and teaching about the spiritual life. He is a frequent speaker on EWTN, and his digitally recorded talks are utilized internationally. He currently holds the St. Ignatius Chair for Spiritual Formation at St. John Vianney Theological Seminary in Denver.